Saturday, September 13, 2008

I can read!

Just not anything worth reading, it seems.

After blazing through the first 2 Twilight books, I thought I had enough brain and enough time to start reading literature again. Ha.

I started Refiner's Fire, which was do dense and delicious that I got about 50 pages into it before giving up for the time being. Why? Those 50 pages took a week. Normally that takes about 30 mins tops.
I've only read one other book by Mark Helprin, Winter's Tale. It was one of the best books I ever had the pleasure of reading - and I've read a lot. Refiner's Fire feels similar (in those first pages) in that his prose immediately plunges me into a sort of dream state. Only a few books ever do that, and they are my favorites.
Still, books like that require time and effort. They are to be savored. I still cannot savor.

Thus, it was back to the teenage vampire romance for me. Eclipse was better than book 2. No rants here. I still find Edward boring and Bella stupid and whiny, and the writing is... well.... there are much better YA authors. But it clipped along and was fun enough.
I was going to rant a touch, but yaawwwn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Update already!!! Pleeaaassseeee!!!!