Sunday, February 8, 2009

Zzzzzzz

I am so tired.
Getting ready for a trip to Florida. The husbdand asked "can we have fun?" Ugh. So I was mad. Sure, very often when traveling, I get PO'ed and we do not have as much fun as we could - and the last family trips have had pitfalls, but that's because some major rules have been ignored. I need food, and I need sleep. When I was pregnant, I REALLY needed food and sleep. And kidlet will need naps naps, food, naps, etc.
Already, we have been told by my MIL that "oh, he'll sleep in the stroller" because Disney WILL be an all-day thing. And luckily, DH did say that if that does not happen, we have to leave.
But.
Not like there has been a good track record. I got 'tude last visit when I inisisted on separate cars, because on a long trip Kiddo needs his nap, and he will not nap with company in the back with him. So, we had VERY nast overtired child until I put my foot down. Good times.

I hope all will be well and that we are listened too, and not ignored, because eeeeehhhhh. Oh - but the airport? Yeah, the whole family is picking us up. Great. I should be happy, right? Not annoyed? I mena, can we just get off the plane and go home, and not have a 3 car caravan? Must we have a Hallmark scene in the baggage claim?
Oh, and the bed. It's a hide-a-bed. 5 nights. Awesome. Baby gets a pack-n-play. He hates that for extended sleep, and who wouldn't? It's the baby equivalent of a sofa bed. A thin pad over support bars. Suckage. And the house? Was infested with ticks. TICKS. Supposedly, they are gone. But MIL has severe allergies, and they avoided fuming - I guess they caved when the ticks did not go away on wishes and hope. But they have a disgusting dog...... and um... TICK INFESTATION. Spiders, I could cope with. Maybe even roaches. But not ticks. I so do not want to stay there.

To top it all off, my child is sick. Again. Or still. He has been kind of sick since xmas. Just got over an ear infection, and now he has a bad cough. He's not sleeping well and it breaks my heart. So - Sick child, possible ear issues, long flight, sofa bed, ticks, and long days without food and naps.

Yay, Disney.

I hope my foulness is PMS.

No comments: