What is with me? I just now tired to tell the husband that I was unhappy. Today, not overall.
And of course, at one point, I start to cry - and he, trying to be sweet, tells me to stop beating myself up about it.
So, I stopped crying. But in a shut-down way. He didn't understand why I was getting all emo. I was not upset about what he thought. And I didn't want to bother with trying to explain exactly what I was feeling.
I think I'm a little concerned about that.
There's been a lot of interruptions in my life lately. It's always a
*****
And that is exactly what I was starting to type about. DH creeps up on me and interrupts me. AGAIN.
Am I making myself that unclear?
I tried to talk, I got interrupted. Many times. I try to get my whining out online, so I can sleep better tonight, and I get interrupted.
I am in the middle of starting to emerge once again as something other than milk-producing mommy, a little bewildered, seeing that I am run-down and in need of a little "me" time to start feeling like a woman again... shave a little, maybe blow-dry my hair, perhaps find jeans in a size somewhere between falling off my ass and cutting me in half, you know - start seeing myself as an individual again, just a wee little bit... and I get FREAKING interrupted over and over and over! By well-meaning DH or understandably needy DS, but still.
Can I finish a thought, maybe? Am I allowed to finish one freaking sentence either in real life or online?
Just AAAAARRGGGHHHHH!
I do feel sorry for the husband. He is trying. He's just not listening. He thinks that I am talking in code. I stopped doing that in probably year 3 of our relationship.... just around the time he was figuring out the code. Used to be when I left a room rather PO'ed, he was supposed to know to follow me. Now, when I leave the room, I am leaving the room because I want to be out of that room. If I want to fight or talk or whatever, I stay put and do that. But now, NOW he follows. It's rather hilarious. Annoying, but hilarious.
Ah well. I do feel better having ranted about it. He is a sweet man, and we're just out of sync at the moment. It's happened before and it will happen again. At least I have the good in-sync part to look forward to.
And to change the subject completely, I saw about an hour of the opening ceremonies of the Olympics and wow. Stunningly beautiful. If any society could manage to have that level of collective precision and uniformity of purpose, without trampling on the individual... that would be a utopia.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Awww, I know these feelings well. You are exactly right, you need to take some time for yourself! Hang in there and don't be too pissed at the husband. They're slow creatures and it takes them a few years to learn the new patterns and methods of operation! Big hugs and much love. *smooches*
Post a Comment